Sweet & Salty Popcorn Balls
When’s the last time you had a good popcorn ball? You can use any flavor for this fun recipe. The fun part of making them is using your favorite puffs. You can also roll balls in mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, coconut or anything that strikes your fancy. We like smaller popcorn balls that can be enjoyed in a couple of bites. This recipe makes about sixteen balls.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup un-popped popcorn
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons butter (softened)
10 240sweet Gourmet Marshmallows (We suggest using one flavor)
Sea salt, to taste
- Coat bottom of 4 quart or larger saucepan with vegetable oil. Heat over high heat until hot. Add popcorn. Keep in constant moving until all popcorn is popped. Remove from heat.
- In medium saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter over low heat. Add marshmallows. Stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add popcorn and mix well with wooden spoon. Quickly put on food-safe gloves and coat them with softened butter. Shape popcorn mix into palm-sized balls and sprinkle with sea salt. Place individual balls on waxed paper until cooled.
- For storage or gifting, wrap in clear plastic wrap and tie with ribbon.
- Upload picture of your friends and family enjoying Sweet & Salty Popcorn Balls to Facebook.com/240sweet