For Halloween, Chef Alexa creates a spooky version of her rice crispy treats. She uses Marshmallow Whip to keep them soft and tastier longer. You can also dip the balls in chocolate for even more fun.
Missed our live segment with IndyStyle on Channel 8 WISH-TV? You can watch it by clicking on the photo below to see IndySyle's recap.
- Rice Crispy Balls
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 8 ounces of 240sweet Marshmallow Whip
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- 10 puffs of 240sweet gourmet marshmallows (approximately 3 ounces of marshmallows)
- Candy eyeballs
- Caramel corn
- Candy Sprinkles
- Also needed
- Butter for coating hands
- Place toppings in individual bowls for rolling balls.
- On stovetop, melt butter in heavy bottomed saucepan on low.
- Stir in Marshmallow Whip.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in crisped rice cereal and marshmallows.
- Coat hands in butter.
- While mixture is warm, form into balls (about two inches big) and roll in your choice of toppings.
Makes 20 to 24 balls.
This original recipe is the property of Chef Alexa Lemley and may not be reprinted without permission