FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Samantha Aulick (Owner)
Tel.: (812) 372-9898
Websites: www.240sweet.com, www.artisanfoodworks.com, www.smoremobile.co
240SWEET ARTISAN FOODWORKS CHEF ALEXA LEMLEY SELECTED FOR A JAMES BEARD STUDY/TRAVEL GRANT
COLUMBUS IN – August 18, 2016
240sweet, Artisan Foodworks, and S’more Mobile Executive Chef Alexa Lemley has been selected for a James Beard Foundation grant to study Rhone Rangers wine in California.
The James Beard Foundation Scholarship Program provides support to aspiring students in multiple areas of food and culinary studies in this ever-expanding universe of knowledge. Professional grants enable those already working in the industry to gain experience and hone their skills.
The James Beard Foundation and the Rhone Rangers offer this professional study/travel grant to enable working sommeliers or chefs to learn about American Rhone varietal wines by visiting several notable wineries and meeting the winemakers.
This opportunity will allow Chef Alexa to visit Rhone Ranger winery members to get a better understanding of where in the US the Rhone varietal grapes are grown, how the wines are made, and to get a sense of their vineyard terroir. The goal will be to provide a greater understanding and appreciation of the quality, diversity, and food-friendliness of American Rhone wines.
About 240sweet LLC
Owned and operated by Chef Alexa Lemley and Samantha Aulick. Based in Columbus, Indiana, our brands serve a local and national consumer.
We are award winning and nationally recognized:
- Winner “Best Sweet Dish” at the New York City Bacon and Beer Classic 2016.
- Overall Champion Denver Bacon and Beer Classic (now on to compete in World Food Championships 2016)
- 240sweet LLC certified as LGBTBE in March 2016.
- Artisan Foodworks named #3 of Top 5 Dinner Party Caterers by Indianapolis Monthly in December 2015.
- Grand Champion in the American Dairy Association Indiana Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese Cook-Off 2015.
- Winner of “Most Creative” and “Best Gluten Free” for Popcorn and Lobster Soup at Indiana Soupfest 2015.
- Recognized by “Go Magazine” in 2011 and 2014 for being “hot” and outstanding woman entrepreneur.
- “Local Food Hero” Best Chef 2013 and Best Food Artisan 2012 and 2013 by Edible Indy Magazine.
- Received the Hoosier Hospitality Award 2013 by Indiana’s Lt Governor.
- Awarded the designation of “20 under 40” by Columbus Young Professionals in 2011.
- Inducted into Indiana Artisan in 2008 in recognition of the superior craftsmanship of our 240sweet marshmallows.
240sweet LLC DBAS include Artisan Foodworks (catering), 240sweet (confections and classes), and S’more Mobile (concessions). Based in Columbus, Indiana, 240sweet serves a national audience.
Off-premise catering service in Columbus and surrounding states. We focus on authentically crafted foods with creative presentation. Our ability to create delicious foods on-site using local ingredients separates us from other caterers. Serves Indiana and the surrounding states.
Inventive and original products that appeal to foodies and people who want to upgrade their experiences. Our offerings include packs of puffs, various whips, treats (Modjeskas, rice crispies, macaron, pops, whoopee pies, moon pies, chocolate bars, and assorted items), marshmallow making kits, vanilla extract, and caramel sauce. National website and direct sales.
Unique and fun concessions trailer that serves gourmet treats. Our featured products for the S’more Mobile include frozen hot chocolate, hot chocolate, s’mores, and other treats. Serves Indiana and other states.
High resolution images available.
Chef Alexa and Samantha Aulick are glad to be interviewed.