- As a confection
- In coffee
- In hot tea
- In warm cocoa
- With a glass of wine
- In crisped rice treats
- As part of a s'more
- On sweet potatoes
Fleur de Sel S'mores
Featured Recipe: Sweet and Salty Popcorn Balls
When's the last time you had a good popcorn ball? At a recent Going Local Week demonstration, Chef Alexa wowed with her Maple, Bacon & Toffee popcorn balls. You can use any flavor for this fun recipe. The fun part of making them is using your favorite puffs. You can also roll balls in mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, coconut or anything that strikes your fancy. We like smaller popcorn balls that can be enjoyed in a couple of bites. This recipe makes about sixteen balls.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup un-popped popcorn
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons butter (softened)
16 240sweet Artisan Marshmallows (We suggest using one flavor)
Sea salt, to taste
- Coat bottom of 4 quart or larger saucepan with vegetable oil. Heat over high heat until hot. Add popcorn. Keep in constant moving until all popcorn is popped. Remove from heat.
- In medium saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter over low heat. Add marshmallows. Stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add popcorn and mix well with wooden spoon. Quickly put on food-safe gloves and coat them with softened butter. Shape popcorn mix into palm-sized balls and sprinkle with sea salt. Place individual balls on waxed paper until cooled.
- For storage or gifting, wrap in clear plastic wrap and tie with ribbon.
- Upload picture of your friends and family enjoying Sweet & Salty Popcorn Balls to Facebook.com/240sweet
- Nice with either a cold glass of milk or a steaming hot cup of espresso. And equally
delicious served in quarters with a glass of champagne! The combinations of different flavor nut butters, marshmallows, and breads are endless!
- 2 slices raisin bread or your favorite soft bread
2 Tablespoons peanut butter, almond butter or your favorite nut butter
2 240Sweet Artisan Marshmallows
- Spread the nut butter evenly on both slices of bread.
- Put the marshmallows in the center of one of the slices of bread on top of the nut butter.
Top the marshmallow bread slice with the other slice of bread (nut butter side down).
Grill in a Panini maker following the manufacturer's instructions until the bread is just golden and the marshmallows are slightly melted.
Makes one serving. Recipe created by Victoria Wesseler
Fleur de Sel S'mores
Are you ready for the best s'more you will ever enjoy? We use Maldon sea salt and Chef Alexa's own caramel in the Salty Caramel Twist puff. The addition of dark chocolate and crunchy graham crackers makes an irresistable delight.
6 puffs Salty Caramel Twist 240sweet Artisan Marshmallows
6 miniature dark chocolate candy bars
12 graham cracker cookies
On a platter, place cookies upside down. Individually, place miniature candy bars on six
of the cookies. Reserve remaining cookies to top s'mores.
Using a skewer, roast puffs to toasting preferences. Place one roasted puff atop each candy bar and cookie stack. Place remaining cookies
atop stacks and squish. Indulge immediately.
Note: To make these s'mores in broiler, place half of cookes topped with candy bar and marshmallow under a hot broiler until puff is the desired shade of brown. Upon removal, immediately top stacks with remaining cookies.
Makes six servings
- Makes 4 servings.
Salty and sweet--crunchy and soft. Hits all the right notes for the perfect snack.
1 large (2-3 inch) hard twisted pretzel
1 Tablespoon of melted chocolate, warm1 240Sweet Artisan Marshmallow
Place the pretzel on a small plate and drizzle it with the melted chocolate.
Place the marshmallow on top of the melted chocolate and enjoy!
Serve at once. Makes one serving
Recipe created by Victoria Wesseler
Mocha Crisped Rice Treats
Of course, you've enjoyed the traditional crisped rice treats made with regular
marshmallows. Have you ever wondered how you could make them appeal to adults? Try this gourmet version made with Coffee Chocolate Chip puffs.
8 ounces (approximately 9) Coffee Chocolate Chip marshmallows
2 tablespoon butter
3 cups crisped rice cereal
Grease bottom and sides of 8 inch round pan with 1 tablespoon butter. Reserve excess
butter for coating spatula.
In medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir
until chips are completely melted. Remove from heat.
Add crisped rice cereal. Stir until completely mixed.
Coat spatula with excess butter. Use spatula to transfer mixture to pan.
Let cool. Cut into wedges. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Using a skewer, roast puffs to toasting preferences. Place one roasted puff atop each candy bar and cookie stack. Place remaining cookies atop stacks and squish. Indulge immediately.
Note: To make these s'mores in broiler, place half of cookes topped with candy bar and marshmallow under a hot broiler until puff is the desired shade of brown. Upon removal, immediately top stacks with remaining cookies.Makes six servings